Android Client no longer registering

12

Android Client no longer registering

crbowers
I've been testing WiKID for 2 factor for our VPN, however, I've run into an issue.

Everything was working fine, however, now when I try and register Android devices I get an error. I'm not entirely sure what the error is because it flashes too quickly on the screen for me to read. I can tell that the error references the PIN. Here are the steps I'm taking:

1) Add new domain
2) Enter Domain ID
3) Enter PIN
4) "Completing Token Registration" appears on screen
5) error message flashes on screen
6) Takes me back to the domains list in the Android client. The domain is not listed.
7) The registration shows up under "Manually Validate a User" on the server, however, the registration code never displays on the phone.

I've tried on multiple devices, and it is the same result. It will register just fine using the Windows client. Android registration was working correctly and it was generating OTPs for my test users.

Thank you for any assistance.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

Odd. There's no limit to the type of token?

On Mar 18, 2014 1:07 PM, "crbowers [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]

Re: Android Client no longer registering

crbowers
No limits on the token type. And correct, it is an IP identifier.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

does it happen when you add: 054083042036.

If you long press the home screen, you'll see the log - can you post
it or email it to nowen at wikidsystems.com?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: Android Client no longer registering

crbowers
At this point in testing, I wouldn't be opposed to re-installing the WiKID server... But I'm guessing there should be an explanation since that wouldn't be an option in production.

I'm not too familiar with Android, so I don't know if there is a log or anything that can be looked at. Noting out of the ordinary shows up in the WiKID logs, that I've noticed.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

I don't think it's the server.

yes, there is a log - long press on the main WiKID token screen and it
will come up with an option to mail it to us.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> At this point in testing, I wouldn't be opposed to re-installing the WiKID
> server... But I'm guessing there should be an explanation since that
> wouldn't be an option in production.
>
> I'm not too familiar with Android, so I don't know if there is a log or
> anything that can be looked at. Noting out of the ordinary shows up in the
> WiKID logs, that I've noticed.

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: Android Client no longer registering

crbowers
Ok, works with the domain ID you gave.

I'm emailing you the log from the android app now.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

How about 888888888888?

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013p7575020.html

crbowers
Just tried 888888888888 and that worked as well.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

crbowers
Also the server is on our LAN behind and nginx reverse proxy in the DMZ.

Though I don't see that as being an issue as the Windows token currently works fine and the Android one was working previously.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

We're looking into it. It's strange that it worked and then ceased to
work.  Did anything change?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:21 AM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Also the server is on our LAN behind and nginx reverse proxy in the DMZ.
>
> Though I don't see that as being an issue as the Windows token currently
> works fine and the Android one was working previously.

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

RE: Android Client no longer registering

crbowers

The only thing that changed was the public IP of the server, and that’s what brought this to light.

It had been working for me and two other test users for a few weeks. The IP changed, so I created a new domain with the new IP. I first encounted the issue when I tried to add the new doimain to the client on my Android phone.

wrote:

> Also the server is on our LAN behind and nginx reverse proxy in the DMZ.
>
> Though I don't see that as being an issue as the Windows token currently
> works fine and the Android one was working previously.

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013p7575026.html

To unsubscribe from Android Client no longer registering, click here.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

Can you try uninstalling and re-installing the token?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> The only thing that changed was the public IP of the server, and that’s what
> brought this to light.
>

> It had been working for me and two other test users for a few weeks. The IP
> changed, so I created a new domain with the new IP. I first encounted the
> issue when I tried to add the new doimain to the client on my Android phone.

No luck. I also tried it on a second Android phone that it wasn’t on before and the same thing happened.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013p7575028.html

To unsubscribe from Android Client no longer registering, click here.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

I'm not able to get your domain working on our PC token either.  Are
you sure it's not something with your proxy settings?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> No luck. I also tried it on a second Android phone that it wasn’t on before
> and the same thing happened.

I don't believe so, but I can check again. I don't have access to the proxy at the moment so it will be a little later in the day. Once I do I will let you know what I find.

However, the PC client was working fine from my home machine last night. I installed it and gave it a test just to make sure.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013p7575030.html
To unsubscribe from Android Client no longer registering, click here.

Re: Android Client no longer registering

Definitely something odd going on.  It works on my ipad, but not my
android or PC tokens.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> I don't believe so, but I can check again. I don't have access to the proxy
> at the moment so it will be a little later in the day. Once I do I will let
> you know what I find.
>
> However, the PC client was working fine from my home machine last night. I
> installed it and gave it a test just to make sure.

Getting a bad gateway error today...

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Definitely something odd going on.  It works on my ipad, but not my
> android or PC tokens.
> ᐧ
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM, crbowers [via WiKID Strong
> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I don't believe so, but I can check again. I don't have access to the proxy
>> at the moment so it will be a little later in the day. Once I do I will let
>> you know what I find.
>>
>> However, the PC client was working fine from my home machine last night. I
>> installed it and gave it a test just to make sure.

We had a power failure for a couple of hours last night and that VM wasn’t brought back online for some reason. It should be coming up now.

I didn’t have a chance to look at the proxy, but I will today. I’ll try moving the WiKID server out from behind it just to check.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Android-Client-no-longer-registering-tp7575013p7575035.html