Changing the Pin to a longer length

deepsea
I have recently changed my domain Pin length from 6 to 8.  However, I have noticed that it did not affect any of the registered users by requiring them to change their current Pin to 8.  Only the new users/devices are required to have 8 digits in their Pin.  Is there a way to force current users to change their Pin to 8 digits on their next login or do they have to delete and recreate their domain to get updated to an 8 digit Pin?

Re: Changing the Pin to a longer length

You have to delete the users registered prior to the change and force
them to re-register with the new PIN requirements.

On 08/17/2011 11:17 AM, deepsea [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]
wrote:

> I have recently changed my domain Pin length from 6 to 8.  However, I
> have noticed that it did not affect any of the registered users by
> requiring them to change their current Pin to 8.  Only the new
> users/devices are required to have 8 digits in their Pin.  Is there a
> way to force current users to change their Pin to 8 digits on their next
> login or do they have to delete and recreate their domain to get updated
> to an 8 digit Pin?

> <

Commercial/Open-source Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems
#wikid on irc.freenode.net

Re: Changing the Pin to a longer length

deepsea
Thanks Nick for the quick response.  Is there any plan for future releases to have an automated process where when the pin length is changed the user would be required to enter a new pin upon successful authentication with the old Pin?

Re: Changing the Pin to a longer length

hmm. well this is the first time it has come up, so it is not on the
drawing board.  The process would essentially be to use the API to
authenticate a user with their existing PIN (and one-time passcode),
then delete that account via the API and make them re-register. We can
do that today.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM, deepsea [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Nick for the quick response.  Is there any plan for future releases
> to have an automated process where when the pin length is changed the user
> would be required to enter a new pin upon successful authentication with the
> old Pin?

404.962.8983