DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
Upgraded server from 4.0.1.b1821-1 to 4.1.0.b1926-1 - also upgraded to Java8
After restart, user tokens no longer get passcode. Error in logs shows:

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
Well.. that is totally unreadable...

The errors are:

com.wikdisystems.server.DeviceTransactionExec  Error generating code
com.wikidsystems.server.timecop  Error while handling expired codes: ERROR: column d.use_ad does not exist

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

hmm, seems like the database migration didn't complete on the upgrade.

Try removing /opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql.done
and restarting.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 2:37 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well.. that is totally unreadable...
>
> The errors are:
>
> com.wikdisystems.server.DeviceTransactionExec  Error generating code
> com.wikidsystems.server.timecop  Error while handling expired codes: ERROR:
> column d.use_ad does not exist

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
Did that. Same results. :(

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

ok, sounds like a bug.  I will dig into it.

since this is your eval server, I would just uninstall and install the
upgrade.  you may need to drop the db.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:19 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Did that. Same results. :(

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
Yeah.. I was just hoping I didn't have to since I just added 16 Network Clients to it before that :)

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

well, hold on a bit.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Yeah.. I was just hoping I didn't have to since I just added 16 Network
> Clients to it before that :)

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

any errors in /opt/WiKID/log/cumulative.log?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well, hold on a bit.
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Yeah.. I was just hoping I didn't have to since I just added 16 Network
>> Clients to it before that :)

>> NAML
>

> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

Try updating to
http://wikidsystems-dl.com/wikid-server-enterprise-4.0.2.b1924-1.noarch.rpm
first.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> any errors in /opt/WiKID/log/cumulative.log?
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> well, hold on a bit.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
>> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Yeah.. I was just hoping I didn't have to since I just added 16 Network
>>> Clients to it before that :)

>>> NAML
>>

>> --
>> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
>> http://www.wikidsystems.com
>> Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
>> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
>> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
>

> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1195: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "unique_type"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into host_type (type, name) values (5, 'Active Directory')"
PL/pgSQL function "dbmigrate20" line 3 at SQL statement
 dbmigrate21
-------------
(1 row)

CREATE RULE
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1206: ERROR:  column *NEW*.use_ad does not exist

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

ok, try this:

su - postgres
psql -d wikid

delete from host_type where type=5;

and ctrl-d out and restart wikid.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:32 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1195: ERROR:
> duplicate key violates unique constraint "unique_type"
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into host_type (type, name) values (5,
> 'Active Directory')"
> PL/pgSQL function "dbmigrate20" line 3 at SQL statement
>  dbmigrate21
> -------------
> (1 row)
>
> CREATE RULE
> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1206: ERROR:  column
> *NEW*.use_ad does not exist

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

let me know if that worked.  If you do have to rebuild please see:
https://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/installation-how-tos/how-to-use-the-wikid-quick-configuration-option.
It will help a lot.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok, try this:
>
> su - postgres
> psql -d wikid
>
> delete from host_type where type=5;
>
> and ctrl-d out and restart wikid.
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:32 PM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong
> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1195: ERROR:
>> duplicate key violates unique constraint "unique_type"
>> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into host_type (type, name) values (5,
>> 'Active Directory')"
>> PL/pgSQL function "dbmigrate20" line 3 at SQL statement
>>  dbmigrate21
>> -------------
>> (1 row)
>>
>> CREATE RULE
>> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/migrations/cumulative.sql:1206: ERROR:  column
>> *NEW*.use_ad does not exist

>> NAML
>

> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

CWatson
That fix did not seem to work, so I just wiped it out and built a new server using the most current ISO.

At first I was still getting the same error when I attempt to get a password. Adding the domain worked fine, but as soon as I request a password from my Blackberry App, I get FAILED.

Additionally that "column d.use_ad" error in the logs has been repeating over and over again every few seconds. I built the new server 20 minutes ago and I already have 10 pages of logfile with that error in it.

I restarted wikidctl again and this time got a "Applying cumulative schema updates...Success!" message, after that it seems to work fine.

Re: DB/Auth Failure after upgrade

Very odd.  I am not seeing these errors.  I am not sure why the update
wouldn't run right off the bat.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:59 AM, CWatson [via WiKID Strong