Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
2017-05-12 12:03:13.790 TRACE 12462 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>

2017-05-12 12:03:13.792 TRACE 12462 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>
2017-05-12 12:03:13.793 DEBUG 12462 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Adding (with override) new pre-registration code for userID userName in domain 192168001163
2017-05-12 12:03:13.794 TRACE 12462 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction>       <type>11</type>           <data>               <add-preregistration-set override="false">                <add-preregistration>                    <user-id>userName</user-id>                    <preregistration-code>5BGHqaF4</preregistration-code>                    <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode>                    <result>false</result>                    <result-message>null</result-message>                </add-preregistration>               </add-preregistration-set>           </data></transaction>

Error reading from server

Please let me know if you need further information.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
Do you have a wAuth cert from the server?

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2017-05-12 12:03:13.790 TRACE 12462 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          :
> <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>
>
> 2017-05-12 12:03:13.792 TRACE 12462 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          :
> <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>
> 2017-05-12 12:03:13.793 DEBUG 12462 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Adding (with override) new
> pre-registration code for userID userName in domain 192168001163
> 2017-05-12 12:03:13.794 TRACE 12462 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction>
> <type>11</type>           <data>               <add-preregistration-set
> override="false">                <add-preregistration>
> <user-id>userName</user-id>
> <preregistration-code>5BGHqaF4</preregistration-code>
> <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode>
> <result>false</result>
> <result-message>null</result-message>                </add-preregistration>
> </add-preregistration-set>           </data></transaction>
>
> Error reading from server
>
> Please let me know if you need further information.
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
I think so. I copied the whole private directory from the server over to my dev machine. In fact, I could run example.java using the same network client certificate.

java -cp wClient-3.5.0.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/jdom.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/xstream-1.2.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar com.wikidsystems.client.Example 192.168.1.163 8388 /opt/WiKID/private/nc2.p12 nc2pass /opt/WiKID/private/CACertStore changeit

Here is the output of example run:

Domain Code: 192168001163
Userid: usery
Passcode: 819092
2017-05-12 12:53:59.962 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : CheckCredentials(usery, 819092, 192168001163) called ...
2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : reconnect() called.
2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : this.gotConnection: true
2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isClosed(): false
2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isInputShutdown(): false
2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isOutputShutdown(): false
2017-05-12 12:53:59.964 TRACE 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>

2017-05-12 12:53:59.972 TRACE 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>
2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Checking Credentials
2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Writing out...
2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 TRACE 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type format="base">2</type><data><user-id>usery</user-id><passcode>819092</passcode><domaincode>192168001163</domaincode><offline-challenge encoding="none">null</offline-challenge><offline-response encoding="none">null</offline-response><chap-password encoding="base64">null</chap-password><chap-challenge encoding="base64">null</chap-challenge><result>null</result></data></transaction>

2017-05-12 12:54:00.015 TRACE 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type format="base">2</type><data><user-id>usery</user-id><passcode>819092</passcode><domaincode>192168001163</domaincode><offline-challenge encoding="none">null</offline-challenge><offline-response encoding="none">null</offline-response><chap-password encoding="base64">null</chap-password><chap-challenge encoding="base64">null</chap-challenge><result>VALID</result></data></transaction>
2017-05-12 12:54:00.016 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Reading in...
2017-05-12 12:54:00.019 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Read response.
2017-05-12 12:54:00.019 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main] com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Returning Results...
Authentication SUCCEEDED
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
hmm - do you see anything in the WiKIDAdmin logs?

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think so. I copied the whole private directory from the server over to my
> dev machine. In fact, I could run example.java using the same network client
> certificate.
>
> java -cp
> wClient-3.5.0.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/jdom.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/xstream-1.2.jar:/opt/WiKID/lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar
> com.wikidsystems.client.Example 192.168.1.163 8388
> /opt/WiKID/private/nc2.p12 nc2pass /opt/WiKID/private/CACertStore changeit
>
> Here is the output of example run:
>
> Domain Code: 192168001163
> Userid: usery
> Passcode: 819092
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.962 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : CheckCredentials(usery, 819092,
> 192168001163) called ...
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : reconnect() called.
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : this.gotConnection: true
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isClosed(): false
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isInputShutdown(): false
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.963 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : socket.isOutputShutdown(): false
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.964 TRACE 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          :
> <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>
>
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.972 TRACE 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          :
> <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Checking Credentials
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Writing out...
> 2017-05-12 12:53:59.973 TRACE 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type
> format="base">2</type><data><user-id>usery</user-id><passcode>819092</passcode><domaincode>192168001163</domaincode><offline-challenge
> encoding="none">null</offline-challenge><offline-response
> encoding="none">null</offline-response><chap-password
> encoding="base64">null</chap-password><chap-challenge
> encoding="base64">null</chap-challenge><result>null</result></data></transaction>
>
> 2017-05-12 12:54:00.015 TRACE 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : <transaction><type
> format="base">2</type><data><user-id>usery</user-id><passcode>819092</passcode><domaincode>192168001163</domaincode><offline-challenge
> encoding="none">null</offline-challenge><offline-response
> encoding="none">null</offline-response><chap-password
> encoding="base64">null</chap-password><chap-challenge
> encoding="base64">null</chap-challenge><result>VALID</result></data></transaction>
> 2017-05-12 12:54:00.016 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Reading in...
> 2017-05-12 12:54:00.019 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Read response.
> 2017-05-12 12:54:00.019 DEBUG 14403 --- [           main]
> com.wikidsystems.client.wClient          : Returning Results...
> Authentication SUCCEEDED
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575407.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
Just set the logger level to DEBUG and did a run. Below is the log.  The message "Exception (2)"  looks suspicous.

Timestamp Level Source Message Exception
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Thread Count: 2
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Active client connections: 1
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Client socket closed.
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>11</type> <data> <add-preregistration-set override="false"> <add-preregistration> <user-id>userName</user-id> <preregistration-code>K0yemuOa</preregistration-code> <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode> <result>false</result> <result-message>null</result-message> </add-preregistration> </add-preregistration-set> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Closing socket (1)...
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Exception (2)...
2017-05-12 10:29:14.600 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction> <type>11</type> <data> <add-preregistration-set override="false"> <add-preregistration> <user-id>userName</user-id> <preregistration-code>K0yemuOa</preregistration-code> <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode> <result>false</result> <result-message>null</result-message> </add-preregistration> </add-preregistration-set> </data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.600 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:14.597 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Ping Reply: ACK
2017-05-12 10:29:14.597 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth returning XML: <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.596 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Ping: TX
2017-05-12 10:29:14.595 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>0</type> <data> <value>TX</value> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.593 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.593 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Connection from CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Connection ReplyACCEPT
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth returning XML: <transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>wAuth 3.2</server-string><result>ACCEPT</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>1</type> <data> <client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string> <server-string>null</server-string> <result>null</result> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth string received:<transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>null</server-string><result>null</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>null</server-string><result>null</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:10.821 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Reading from socket ...
2017-05-12 10:29:10.760 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Thread Count: 3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
And the pre-reg code doesn't show up on the server? 

On May 12, 2017 1:35 PM, "Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just set the logger level to DEBUG and did a run. Below is the log.  The message "Exception (2)"  looks suspicous.

Timestamp Level Source Message Exception
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Thread Count: 2
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Active client connections: 1
2017-05-12 10:29:14.604 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Client socket closed.
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>11</type> <data> <add-preregistration-set override="false"> <add-preregistration> <user-id>userName</user-id> <preregistration-code>K0yemuOa</preregistration-code> <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode> <result>false</result> <result-message>null</result-message> </add-preregistration> </add-preregistration-set> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Closing socket (1)...
2017-05-12 10:29:14.602 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Exception (2)...
2017-05-12 10:29:14.600 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction> <type>11</type> <data> <add-preregistration-set override="false"> <add-preregistration> <user-id>userName</user-id> <preregistration-code>K0yemuOa</preregistration-code> <domaincode>192168001163</domaincode> <result>false</result> <result-message>null</result-message> </add-preregistration> </add-preregistration-set> </data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.600 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:14.597 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Ping Reply: ACK
2017-05-12 10:29:14.597 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth returning XML: <transaction><type>0</type><data><value>ACK</value></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.596 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Ping: TX
2017-05-12 10:29:14.595 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>0</type> <data> <value>TX</value> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.593 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction><type>0</type><data><value>TX</value></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:14.593 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Connection from CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Connection ReplyACCEPT
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth returning XML: <transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>wAuth 3.2</server-string><result>ACCEPT</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.830 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth XML received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <transaction> <type>1</type> <data> <client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string> <server-string>null</server-string> <result>null</result> </data> </transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth string received:<transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>null</server-string><result>null</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth bytes received:<transaction><type>1</type><data><client-string>CONNECT: wClientConn v3.1</client-string><server-string>null</server-string><result>null</result></data></transaction>         
2017-05-12 10:29:10.826 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Socket open: true
2017-05-12 10:29:10.821 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Reading from socket ...
2017-05-12 10:29:10.760 DEBUG com.wikidsystems.server.wAuth Thread Count: 3


To start a new topic under Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
No, the code is not there. Although manually uploading the code still works.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
OK-  we're digging on this to see if it is a bug.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, the code is not there. Although manually uploading the code still works.
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575411.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
In reply to this post by Yang@Spoken
Looks like it is a bug.

For a temp work-around, you can use the Add a Pre-Registration Code
with group membership, which is working.  You will have to create a
group on the WiKID server.   I'll let you know when we have a fix.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK-  we're digging on this to see if it is a bug.
>
> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> No, the code is not there. Although manually uploading the code still works.
>>
>> ________________________________
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575411.html
>> To start a new topic under Support, email
>> [hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
>> NAML
>
>
>
> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
How do I specify a group in my code? Example.jsp says  

PreRegistration preRegistration =
        new PreRegistration(userName, preRegistrationCode, domainCode, groupName);

But this method does not exists.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
What language are you using?

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do I specify a group in my code? Example.jsp says
>
> PreRegistration preRegistration =
>         new PreRegistration(userName, preRegistrationCode, domainCode,
> groupName);
>
> But this method does not exists.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575414.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
Java
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
Do you not have this section in example.jsp?

Parameters are:

addPreRegistration(com.wikidsystems.data.PreRegistration preRegObj,
boolean overrideExisting)

user = the userID the pre-registration code applies to.
preRegistrationCode = code associated with the username that was
uploaded to the server
servercode = the 12-digit code that represents the server/domain
overridExisting = if true, remove any existing pre-registration code
that matches user and servercode
and replace with preRegistrationCode.  Defaults to false.
group = the user group to add the user to


This method returns a PreRegistration object with the original
parameters and a boolean
value (isSuccessful()) indicating the result.  You may obtain
additional information
from the getMessage() method.

*/
-->

<%

    if (request.getParameter("action") != null &&
request.getParameter("action").equalsIgnoreCase("Add Pre-Registration
Code with Group")) {
        PreRegistration preRegistration = new
PreRegistration(request.getParameter("user"),
request.getParameter("preregcode"),
request.getParameter("servercode"), request.getParameter("group"));
        boolean override = request.getParameter("override")!=null;
        PreRegistration pr = wc.addPreRegistration(preRegistration, override);
        if (pr.isSuccessful()) {
            status = "Success";
        } else {
            status = "Failed (" + pr.getMessage() + ")";
        }
    }
%>

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Java
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575416.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
Yes. This is the exact code I was trying to follow. But it does not say how to add group to a PreRegistration object. The PreRegistration object does not accept a group in its constructor and it does not have a setter for group.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
Also I am using the wClient-3.5.0.jar. Maybe this constructor was removed in 3.5.0.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
Ah, no you have to create the group through the WiKIDAdmin interface. 

We have a fix coming soon anyway if you want to wait. 

On May 12, 2017 5:12 PM, "Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also I am using the wClient-3.5.0.jar. Maybe this constructor was removed in 3.5.0.


To start a new topic under Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Nick Owen
Administrator
In reply to this post by Yang@Spoken
OK - here is the fix:
https://downloads.wikidsystems.com/wikid-server-enterprise-4.2.0.b2013-1.noarch.rpm.

and here are the upgrade instructions:
https://www.wikidsystems.com/support/installation-how-tos/how-to-upgrade-your-wikid-strong-authentication-server/.
(short version 'rpm -Uvh' or yum update that file).

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, no you have to create the group through the WiKIDAdmin interface.
>
> We have a fix coming soon anyway if you want to wait.
>
> On May 12, 2017 5:12 PM, "Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong Authentication
> Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Also I am using the wClient-3.5.0.jar. Maybe this constructor was removed
>> in 3.5.0.
>>
>> ________________________________
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>>
>> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Error-reading-from-server-when-adding-pre-registration-tp7575405p7575419.html
>> To start a new topic under Support, email
>> [hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
>> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error reading from server when adding pre-registration

Yang@Spoken
Pre register works now after applying the patch!  Thx for your help.  I have user related problems and I will open another thread.