HP Procurve 2600 Switches

Wesley Cole
We have a HP Procurve 2600 switch we would like to add two factor authentication to.

I've read the documentation and although they support TCACACS and Radius authentication they do not have a mechanism for two factor authentication (like requesting two logins).

Is it possible to have a user enter a password that contains two passwords separated by a comma and have WikID do both the first authentication to another radius server and then check the the WikID One Time Password?

Are there any other solutions?

Wes

Re: HP Procurve 2600 Switches

Wes,

Radius will work with WiKID. Unlike, two-step authentication, WiKID requires the pin before you get the OTP both of which are encrypted (the something you have) so all the users need to enter is the OTP. They can enter it in the password field.

You can do authorization in AD using radius too.

Nick

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HP-Procurve-2600-Switches-tp7575300.html

Re: HP Procurve 2600 Switches

Wesley Cole
Nick:

Thank-you for that explanation.  I'm new to MFA.

Wes

Re: HP Procurve 2600 Switches

 No worries.  Google has done a lot to promote stronger auth, but the
two-step is different than a single-step 2FA like WiKID or the old RSA
tokens.

Also, MS only permitted 2FA in their radius product with server 2008.
Not many know that you don't need the AD password to do authorization
in AD.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Wesley Cole [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Nick:
>
> Thank-you for that explanation.  I'm new to MFA.
>
> Wes

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication