HTML5 Token not displaying

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
We have 21days left of trial and unfortunately i can't get the one function working that attracted me to WiKID.

I have run verify.jsp and got result
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/HTML5Token/HTML5Token/HTML5Token.nocache.js"></script>
After entering this and other configs on the "test page" as instructed at the link below i only get the words "Test Page" but no registration box below.   It's just a blank page.

https://www.howtoforge.com/installing-the-wikid-html5-token-client 

Any help would be great here.

Thanks,
Adam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
First, note that you can get a 5 user free license.

is there an error message in your server logs or in your browser debug console?

Have you thought about using the more up-to-date chrome token:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wikid-token/chmmlmdpknpgobkbddicbojjgnpeglii?hl=en-US?

We haven't really had much interest in the HTML5 token, tbh.


On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Adam [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> We have 21days left of trial and unfortunately i can't get the one function
> working that attracted me to WiKID.
>
> I have run verify.jsp and got result
> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"
> src="/HTML5Token/HTML5Token/HTML5Token.nocache.js"></script>
> After entering this and other configs on the "test page" as instructed at
> the link below i only get the words "Test Page" but no registration box
> below.   It's just a blank page.
>
> https://www.howtoforge.com/installing-the-wikid-html5-token-client
>
> Any help would be great here.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
Yes browser provides this error.

Refused to display 'https://2factor.hpha.ca/HTML5Token/HTML5Token/AAD7FAE04A4B584765236AE0AC6A7A1C.cache.html' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'DENY'.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
Can you set X-Frame-Options to Allow?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes browser provides this error.
>
> Refused to display
> 'https://2factor.hpha.ca/HTML5Token/HTML5Token/AAD7FAE04A4B584765236AE0AC6A7A1C.cache.html'
> in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'DENY'.
>
> Thanks
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575246.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
I wish i knew how or what that even means.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
I think it's a setting on your server-side in  the header.

The chrome token is really the way to go here.  It's much easier to
use.  Have you tried it?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wish i knew how or what that even means.
> Thanks
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575248.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
I haven't tried the chrome token because unfortunately i will be supporting many different clients at different businesses and can't expect them all to install chrome and then install the client.

how would i edit the server-side header?

Cheers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
I just noticed that sourceforge is down.  Where did you get the
HTML5Token.war file?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't tried the chrome token because unfortunately i will be supporting
> many different clients at different businesses and can't expect them all to
> install chrome and then install the client.
>
> how would i edit the server-side header?
>
> Cheers
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575250.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
That depends on the server you're using to host the ware file.  It
might be best to test with PC token first.  We know it works
everywhere, if that's what's important to you.  HTML5 does not work
everywhere.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikid-twofactor/files/HTML5_Token_Client/HTML5Token.war/download
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575252.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
Thanks i have tested with windows client and it works.

i am running the ISO downloaded last week from the site.  

The site root is at /opt/WiKID/tomcat/webapps/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
OK - I see. we added security controls for tomcat recently.  You will
need to edit /opt/WiKID/tomcat/conf/web.xml and allow same origin as a
parameter:

    <filter>
            <filter-name>httpHeaderSecurity</filter-name>
            <filter-class>org.apache.catalina.filters.HttpHeaderSecurityFilter</filter-class>
            <async-supported>true</async-supported>
                   <init-param>
                    <param-name>antiClickJackingOption</param-name>
                    <param-value>SAMEORIGIN</param-value>
                     </init-param>
            </filter>

Restart WiKID and re-load the page.

Note that we do not recommend hosting this on the WiKID server.
Typically you would not want 443 on the WiKID server exposed to the
internet.   You should set up tomcat server that can serve this.   If
your firewall can restrict access by URL, that might work.


On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks i have tested with windows client and it works.
>
> i am running the ISO downloaded last week from the site.
>
> The site root is at /opt/WiKID/tomcat/webapps/
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575254.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Adam
THAT WORKED!  

Now if you could help me get that onto another server that would be great.   i have an Apache server and have done the following

1.copied .war file to server
2.copied register.html to server

when launching the /HTML5Token/verify.jsp on the apache server i get page not found

Thanks for all your help
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
You will need to install tomcat on that server.  For simplicity, I
would not use apache.

However, I am concerned about how you would secure that server.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to install another WiKID
server and put the WAR file on it.  You would not have to setup WiKID
except the certs.  That is - no domain and no network clients etc.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> THAT WORKED!
>
> Now if you could help me get that onto another server that would be great.
> i have an Apache server and have done the following
>
> 1.copied .war file to server
> 2.copied register.html to server
>
> when launching the /HTML5Token/verify.jsp on the apache server i get page
> not found
>
> Thanks for all your help
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575256.html
> To start a new topic under Support, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HTML5 Token not displaying

Nick Owen
Administrator
In reply to this post by Adam
Also, you know the users will need to use the same browser each time, correct?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You will need to install tomcat on that server.  For simplicity, I
> would not use apache.
>
> However, I am concerned about how you would secure that server.
>
> Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to install another WiKID
> server and put the WAR file on it.  You would not have to setup WiKID
> except the certs.  That is - no domain and no network clients etc.
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Adam [via WiKID Strong Authentication
> Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> THAT WORKED!
>>
>> Now if you could help me get that onto another server that would be great.
>> i have an Apache server and have done the following
>>
>> 1.copied .war file to server
>> 2.copied register.html to server
>>
>> when launching the /HTML5Token/verify.jsp on the apache server i get page
>> not found
>>
>> Thanks for all your help
>>
>> ________________________________
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/HTML5-Token-not-displaying-tp7575244p7575256.html
>> To start a new topic under Support, email
>> [hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
>> NAML
>
>
>
> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP



--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP