IP Address Change on WiKID appliance

jzcbb
I need to change the IP address of my WiKID server, and ideally, I want this be seamless to the my end users.   What exactly do I need to do?  How do I deal with domain identifier?

Thank you,

Jim

Re: IP Address Change on WiKID appliance

Jim,

We can create a DNS entry that will point to the new IP address.

Send me an email at nowen at wikidsystems.com with the domain id, the new IP and when you want to make the change.

Completely seamless to the users

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/IP-Address-Change-on-WiKID-appliance-tp7575499.html

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, 2:48 PM jzcbb [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to change the IP address of my WiKID server, and ideally, I want this be seamless to the my end users.   What exactly do I need to do?  How do I deal with domain identifier?

Thank you,

Jim

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/IP-Address-Change-on-WiKID-appliance-tp7575499.html

Re: IP Address Change on WiKID appliance

jzcbb
So, it seems to be working, but I notice that it still checks the old IP address three times before moving on to the new one.  This causes quite a delay in getting the OTP.  Is there any way I can change this setting on the server?

Re: IP Address Change on WiKID appliance

Hmm. It should only check once, then try DNS when the IP fails.

There's a setting on the token side that will disable the IP check, but it requires editing a file.  See https://www.wikidsystems.com/support/troubleshooting-faq/how-do-i-run-the-token-in-debug-mode/. Set useIpBeforeDns

To false.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/IP-Address-Change-on-WiKID-appliance-tp7575499p7575501.html

Re: IP Address Change on WiKID appliance

jzcbb
The only jw.properties file I had was in the "WiKID Token Client"\src directory.  I found that I had to copy that to the "WiKID Token Client" directory for it to work.  So then, thinking that that was the issue with checking three times instead of the expected one time, I changed the useIpBeforeDns back to true.  Still tried three times.  At least, I have a solution.  Now just have to come up with a way to deploy it.

Thank you.