Installation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installation

Stephen Cooper
Hi there,

Am installing wikid server on Centos x64 6 for use with Webkeepass.



Am following the guide posted at:

which is based upon OpenJDK.

Issue #1

But the WiKID scripts cant seem to find Java installed:


There are 2 programs which provide 'java'.

  Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
*+ 1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
   2           /usr/java/latest/bin/java

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number: 1
[root@unknown000c297f7617 sbin]# /usr/sbin/alternatives --config java^C

[root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# /opt/WiKID/bin/wikidctl start
find: `/usr/java/': No such file or directory
Starting database...Success!
Success!
Starting Logger service...Success!
Starting TimeCop service...Success!
Starting Tomcat server ...Success!
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
[root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# ^C
[root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# /opt/WiKID/bin/wikidctl stop
find: `/usr/java/': No such file or directory
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
Tomcat server already stopped.
TimeCop process already stopped.
Logger process already stopped.
Stopping database...Success!

Issue #2

Database initialisation produces errors

This message is always printed:

The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.

I have run the script, it seemed to do a bunch of SQL stuff, but did produce errors along the way also.


psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:15: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "SQL_ASCII": 0x00
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:16: ERROR:  insert or update on table "full_network_client" violates foreign key constraint "$1"
DETAIL:  Key (domain)=(0) is not present in table "full_domain".

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Nick Owen
Administrator
Let's focus on the first issue first.

What does "echo $JAVA_HOME" report?


On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Stephen Cooper [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Am installing wikid server on Centos x64 6 for use with Webkeepass.
>
>
>
> Am following the guide posted at:
>
> which is based upon OpenJDK.
>
> Issue #1
>
> But the WiKID scripts cant seem to find Java installed:
>
>
> There are 2 programs which provide 'java'.
>
>   Selection    Command
> -----------------------------------------------
> *+ 1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
>    2           /usr/java/latest/bin/java
>
> Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number: 1
> [root@unknown000c297f7617 sbin]# /usr/sbin/alternatives --config java^C
>
> [root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# /opt/WiKID/bin/wikidctl start
> find: `/usr/java/': No such file or directory
> Starting database...Success!
> Success!
> Starting Logger service...Success!
> Starting TimeCop service...Success!
> Starting Tomcat server ...Success!
> The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run
> /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
> [root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# ^C
> [root@unknown000c297f7617 secman]# /opt/WiKID/bin/wikidctl stop
> find: `/usr/java/': No such file or directory
> The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run
> /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
> Tomcat server already stopped.
> TimeCop process already stopped.
> Logger process already stopped.
> Stopping database...Success!
>
> Issue #2
>
> Database initialisation produces errors
>
> This message is always printed:
>
> The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run
> /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
>
> I have run the script, it seemed to do a bunch of SQL stuff, but did produce
> errors along the way also.
>
>
> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:15: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
> for encoding "SQL_ASCII": 0x00
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the
> encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
> psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:16: ERROR:  insert or update on
> table "full_network_client" violates foreign key constraint "$1"
> DETAIL:  Key (domain)=(0) is not present in table "full_domain".
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Installation-tp7574621.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Stephen
Hi,

I have completely reinstalled, this time I have downloaded and installed the Oracle Java SE JDK 1.7, configured java, javac, jar and javaws via the alternatives command.

I am using Centos 6.2 x64 with Java SE 1.7 x64 installed inside Vmware.

Apart from the additional Java steps, I am following

http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/installation-how-tos/how-to-install-the-wikid-community-edition-3.x


Have also installed the Oracle unlimited policy files under JAVA_HOME/lib/security

The JDK is installed as follows:

/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/

JAVA_HOME is set in /etc/profile and available as environment variable to all users with the following value:

/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre

Here is the system output:

[passman@passman ~]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre
[passman@passman ~]$ /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config java

There are 2 programs which provide 'java'.

  Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
   1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
*+ 2           /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre/bin/java

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:    
failed to create /var/lib/alternatives/java.new: Permission denied
[passman@passman ~]$ /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config javac

There is 1 program that provides 'javac'.

  Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
*+ 1           /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/bin/javac

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:
failed to create /var/lib/alternatives/javac.new: Permission denied
[passman@passman ~]$


I have also created a symbolic link from /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/ to /opt/java

So when starting wikid this is what happens:

[root@passman sbin]# /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh
.
.
.
.

INSERT 0 1
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:15: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "SQL_ASCII": 0x00
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:16: ERROR:  insert or update on table "full_network_client" violates foreign key constraint "$1"
DETAIL:  Key (domain)=(0) is not present in table "full_domain".
INSERT 0 1
.
.
.
.
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
[root@passman sbin]# wikidctl start
Starting database...Success!
Success!
Starting Logger service...Success!
Starting TimeCop service...Success!
Starting Tomcat server ...Success!
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
[root@passman sbin]# wikidctl stop
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
Stopping Tomcat server ...Success!
TimeCop process already stopped.
Stopping Logger service...Success!
Stopping database...Success!

Timecop will not start

The Database simply says its not configured.

http://192.168.1.112/WiKIDAdmin/ or https://192.168.1.112/WiKIDAdmin/ do not respond in a browser session.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Nick Owen
Administrator

Odd.  Can you start postgres?

On Aug 14, 2012 9:26 PM, "Stephen [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have completely reinstalled, this time I have downloaded and installed the Oracle Java SE JDK 1.7, configured java, javac, jar and javaws via the alternatives command.

I am using Centos 6.2 x64 with Java SE 1.7 x64 installed inside Vmware.

Apart from the additional Java steps, I am following

http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/installation-how-tos/how-to-install-the-wikid-community-edition-3.x


Have also installed the Oracle unlimited policy files under JAVA_HOME/lib/security

The JDK is installed as follows:

/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/

JAVA_HOME is set in /etc/profile and available as environment variable to all users with the following value:

/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre

Here is the system output:

[passman@passman ~]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre
[passman@passman ~]$ /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config java

There are 2 programs which provide 'java'.

  Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
   1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
*+ 2           /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/jre/bin/java

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:    
failed to create /var/lib/alternatives/java.new: Permission denied
[passman@passman ~]$ /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config javac

There is 1 program that provides 'javac'.

  Selection    Command
-----------------------------------------------
*+ 1           /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/bin/javac

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:
failed to create /var/lib/alternatives/javac.new: Permission denied
[passman@passman ~]$


I have also created a symbolic link from /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_06/ to /opt/java

So when starting wikid this is what happens:

[root@passman sbin]# /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh
.
.
.
.

INSERT 0 1
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:15: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "SQL_ASCII": 0x00
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
psql:/opt/WiKID/conf/database/db-data.sql:16: ERROR:  insert or update on table "full_network_client" violates foreign key constraint "$1"
DETAIL:  Key (domain)=(0) is not present in table "full_domain".
INSERT 0 1
.
.
.
.
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
INSERT 0 1
[root@passman sbin]# wikidctl start
Starting database...Success!
Success!
Starting Logger service...Success!
Starting TimeCop service...Success!
Starting Tomcat server ...Success!
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
[root@passman sbin]# wikidctl stop
The database is not yet configured for WiKID. Please run /opt/WiKID/sbin/load_db.sh.
Stopping Tomcat server ...Success!
TimeCop process already stopped.
Stopping Logger service...Success!
Stopping database...Success!

Timecop will not start

The Database simply says its not configured.

http://192.168.1.112/WiKIDAdmin/ or https://192.168.1.112/WiKIDAdmin/ do not respond in a browser session.







If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Installation-tp7574621p7574623.html
To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

stephen
yes, it is started and is visibile in the process list.


out of interest, on what linux platforms are you certain wikid works on
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Nick Owen
Administrator
Stephen:

Centos is our standard OS.  What version of WiKD is this?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM, stephen [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> yes, it is started and is visibile in the process list.
>
>
> out of interest, on what linux platforms are you certain wikid works on
>
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Installation-tp7574621p7574625.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Stephen
Your very latest. 3.3.10. I am not sure then, I am installing an a freshly installed  default Centos 6.2 x64 build under Vmware - and am running into problem after problem trying to get this working.

Anyhow, after a day of tinkering I have given up and tried your VMWARE 3.3.10 community image.

That doesnt work either

wikidctl setup states that /usr/java//bin/keytool cannot be found.

looking into this, I found that /usr/java is empty and that the JAVA_HOME is pointing to /usr/java.

Any thoughts on how that might be fixed?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installation

Nick Owen
Administrator
3.4 is the latest.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikid-twofactor/files/WiKID_Server/3.4/

probably need to clean up sourceforge...sorry

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Stephen [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Your very latest. 3.3.10. I am not sure then, I am installing an a freshly
> installed  default Centos 6.2 x64 build under Vmware - and am running into
> problem after problem trying to get this working.
>
> Anyhow, after a day of tinkering I have given up and tried your VMWARE
> 3.3.10 community image.
>
> That doesnt work either
>
> wikidctl setup states that /usr/java//bin/keytool cannot be found.
>
> looking into this, I found that /usr/java is empty and that the JAVA_HOME is
> pointing to /usr/java.
>
> Any thoughts on how that might be fixed?
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Installation-tp7574621p7574627.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.
> NAML



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication