Is Java network client setup per ip address

Is Java network client setup per ip address

Yang@Spoken
Does it support wild card in ip address such as 192.168.1.*?  So that  all clients from the subnet could use one network client certificate?

Re: Is Java network client setup per ip address

No, I'm afraid not.

If you need something like that, you might want a radius server in the middle to manage them.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Is-Java-network-client-setup-per-ip-address-tp7575441.html

Re: Is Java network client setup per ip address

Yang@Spoken
Currently my application embeds one client per application instance. I do not have the exact number of instances. It is going to depend on the load.  Looks like this setup will not scale.  I am thinking of restructuring my application to have pre defined number of clients shared between instances.  Is wClient thread safe?  Can one wClient handle roughly 100 user pre registrations concurrently?

Re: Is Java network client setup per ip address

Yes, we recently reviewed the API and made a number of improvements.
100 should not be an issue.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but we view API keys as being too
weak.  Here's a recent post agreeing:
https://danielmiessler.com/blog/apis-2fas-achilles-heel/

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Yang@Spoken [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Currently my application embeds one client per application instance. I do
> not have the exact number of instances. It is going to depend on the load.
> Looks like this setup will not scale.  I am thinking of restructuring my
> application to have pre defined number of clients shared between instances.
> Is wClient thread safe?  Can one wClient handle roughly 100 user pre
> registrations concurrently?

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication