Licensing when migrating to a new server

Licensing when migrating to a new server

scooper
Hi
I'm not clear how I should maintain the licenses that we have already purchased when migrating to a new WiKID server. We want to migrate from an ISO-based system to one based on RPMs. I have tested by following this article, and it all worked OK: https://www.wikidsystems.com/support/installation-how-tos/how-to-move-all-your-users-to-a-new-server/
However, in the test I simply migrated from one free 5-user license to another free 5-user license.
How will I do the same thing for our production environment, ensuring that I still use the same license on the new server?

Re: Licensing when migrating to a new server

Sorry for the confusion. Copy the contents of /opt/WiKID/private from the old server to the new and restart WiKID.

There is also an option in the ca server to replace the server, but I think copying is easier.

Let me know,

Nick

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Licensing-when-migrating-to-a-new-server-tp7575490.html

Re: Licensing when migrating to a new server

scooper
Thanks Nick, that worked perfectly.