Netgear Prosafe

jerquiaga
Anyone have any experience with Netgear Prosafe switches? To log into the switch, there is only a password box, no username. I've got one setup, and it's sending requests, but then getting an access denied error. I can't seem to find any documentation on what the switch expects to have returned (if anything), or how it is supposed to authenticate. I've tried calling Netgear, but their people haven't been very helpful. Just curious if anyone around here has had any experience with these.

Re: Netgear Prosafe

This isn't the best forum for your question.  WiKID add two-factor
authentication to netgear boxes using radius.  I'm willing to bet
there is *something* in the docs.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM, jerquiaga [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with Netgear Prosafe switches? To log into the
> switch, there is only a password box, no username. I've got one setup, and
> it's sending requests, but then getting an access denied error. I can't seem
> to find any documentation on what the switch expects to have returned (if
> anything), or how it is supposed to authenticate. I've tried calling
> Netgear, but their people haven't been very helpful. Just curious if anyone
> around here has had any experience with these.

404.962.8983

RE: Netgear Prosafe

jerquiaga

Sorry, let me clarify a little. There is some documentation, but it basically just tells you what information to plug in where. I was under the impression that I wasn’t returning the right value or something, and couldn’t find any documentation regarding what values to return to the NC.

I turned on RADIUS debug logging, and it looks like the NC is sending the request, WiKID is evaluating the OTP, deciding that access is denied, and then returning an Access-Reject message to the switch. So it seems there is something messed up in the way I have something configured.

I double checked the OTP that WiKID is evaluating, and it is receiving the code that it sent to me. Shouldn’t that be evaluated as valid? Do I have to authorize users for specific NCs somehow?

Thanks for your help.

--

Josh

wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with Netgear Prosafe switches? To log into the
> switch, there is only a password box, no username. I've got one setup, and
> it's sending requests, but then getting an access denied error. I can't seem
> to find any documentation on what the switch expects to have returned (if
> anything), or how it is supposed to authenticate. I've tried calling
> Netgear, but their people haven't been very helpful. Just curious if anyone
> around here has had any experience with these.

404.962.8983

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Netgear-Prosafe-tp6971199p6971291.html

To unsubscribe from Netgear Prosafe, click here.

RE: Netgear Prosafe

jerquiaga

And, now I feel like an idiot, because it’s working all of a sudden. Feel free to disregard this entire thread, and apologies for wasting your time.

--

Josh

wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with Netgear Prosafe switches? To log into the
> switch, there is only a password box, no username. I've got one setup, and
> it's sending requests, but then getting an access denied error. I can't seem
> to find any documentation on what the switch expects to have returned (if
> anything), or how it is supposed to authenticate. I've tried calling
> Netgear, but their people haven't been very helpful. Just curious if anyone
> around here has had any experience with these.

404.962.8983

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Netgear-Prosafe-tp6971199p6971291.html

To unsubscribe from Netgear Prosafe, click here.

Re: Netgear Prosafe

haha.  Well, you do have to restart wikid using the 'wikidctl restart'
command after adding a network client to WiKID.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM, jerquiaga [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> And, now I feel like an idiot, because it’s working all of a sudden. Feel
> free to disregard this entire thread, and apologies for wasting your time.
>

> --
>
> Josh

404.962.8983