New installation - blank webpage

steveydevey
I've tried two different installs, with no luck. I first tried in Ubuntu server 12.04, but after seeing the errors from the .debs, and not getting it to work, I decided to build a CentOS 6 VM to see if I'd have any better luck... and I seem to be having a similar (if not the same) problem.

After what appears to be a successful install, it tells me to go to http://<fqdn>/WiKIDAdmin/ -- so I do, and it never gets there. I've also tried going to the https:// version, to no avail.

netstat -anp | grep 443 shows:
tcp        0      0 :::443                      :::*                        LISTEN      2830/jsvc.exec
and grepping for 80 shows:
tcp        0      0 :::80                       :::*                        LISTEN      2830/jsvc.exec
echo $JAVA_HOME gives me:
/usr/lib/jvm/jre
and /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config java:
There is 1 program that provides 'java'.

  Selection    Command
*+ 1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at a loss otherwise.

Re: New installation - blank webpage

Which version of WiKID is this?

Is your browser having trouble with the self-signed cert?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM, steveydevey [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: New installation - blank webpage

steveydevey
It's the community edition, version from these RPMs:
wikid-server-community-3.5.0.b1470-1.noarch.rpm
wikid-utilities-3.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm

I don't think it's having trouble with that. It sits and tries to get to the server for quite a while, then finally fails. I don't get any error, other than that it couldn't connect. When I try to get to the secure page in chrome, I get this:

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because wikid took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Firefox shows:

The connection has timed out
The server at wikid is taking too long to respond.

Obviously "wikid" is the name of the machine. I can ping it, and ssh to it via that name.

Re: New installation - blank webpage

Is the port open?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM, steveydevey [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> It's the community edition, version from these RPMs:
> wikid-server-community-3.5.0.b1470-1.noarch.rpm
> wikid-utilities-3.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm
>
> I don't think it's having trouble with that. It sits and tries to get to the
> server for quite a while, then finally fails. I don't get any error, other
> than that it couldn't connect. When I try to get to the secure page in
> chrome, I get this:
>
> Google Chrome could not load the webpage because wikid took too long to
> respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with
> your Internet connection.
>

> Firefox shows:
>
> The connection has timed out
> The server at wikid is taking too long to respond.
>

> Obviously "wikid" is the name of the machine. I can ping it, and ssh to it
> via that name.

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: New installation - blank webpage

steveydevey
That was it! Now I feel stupid.

On the Ubuntu box I made, it wasn't a firewall issue, because it had no rules turned on. It had the same symptoms as this, so it didn't occur to me to check to see if CentOS had rules set by default, which it apparently does. Flushing them got me to a login page.

Thanks a bunch for the help. I'm really glad it was something simple!

Re: New installation - blank webpage

lol, no problem.  So, Ubuntu has no firewall on by default and Centos
has no ethernet on by default.  great! ;-)

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM, steveydevey [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> That was it! Now I feel stupid.
>
> On the Ubuntu box I made, it wasn't a firewall issue, because it had no
> rules turned on. It had the same symptoms as this, so it didn't occur to me
> to check to see if CentOS had rules set by default, which it apparently
> does. Flushing them got me to a login page.
>
> Thanks a bunch for the help. I'm really glad it was something simple!

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: New installation - blank webpage

steveydevey
Ubuntu has no RULES on, but the firewall is there. You're right about centos being a jerk though. I always hate having to go in and set up a network interface, and fight with it (and my memory) each time I spin up a machine.