Portability for mobile workers

deepsea
Can you explain this in further detail or point me to where more documentation on this is on your site?  "A key requirement for mobile workers is to be able to log in from any location, even from a kiosk or other non-company owned PC. WiKID provides the online request-response mode and falls back to the challenge-response mode when out of wireless coverage. It requires no reader and works everywhere."  This might answer my earlier question if a user were to lose their phone and have to access through a public computer.

Re: Portability for mobile workers

no, I don't think it does. Most of the wireless tokens support an
offline-challenge response mode for when they are out of network
coverage.  If they have lost their phone, it won't work.

Access to anything on a public computer is extremely risky. I recommend
a policy that forbids using them.  A USB token will be immediately
copied when it is inserted and any keystrokes will be captured.  There's
a good chance than any SSL tunnel will be MiTM'd too.

On 08/11/2011 05:04 PM, deepsea [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]
wrote:

> Can you explain this in further detail or point me to where more
> documentation on this is on your site?  "A key requirement for mobile
> workers is to be able to log in from any location, even from a kiosk or
> other non-company owned PC. WiKID provides the online request-response
> mode and falls back to the challenge-response mode when out of wireless
> coverage. It requires no reader and works everywhere."  This might
> answer my earlier question if a user were to lose their phone and have
> to access through a public computer.

> <

Commercial/Open-source Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems
#wikid on irc.freenode.net