Prob using Android token

Ron Salkin
Hi,
I installed the Android token from the market (onto an elderly G1) for testing out the community edition with an eye towards a corporate purchase; this works initially, but after rebooting the phone the domain config is lost. This has happened twice in a row- does the Android token have any known issues?

Thanks,
Ron S

Re: Prob using Android token

Ron:

The Community Edition doesn't support wireless tokens as we use a
proprietary encryption library for
it:http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version/support/wikid-support-center/faq/whats-the-difference-between-the-community-release-and-enterprise-release/

However, you can test the Android token against our demo server,
http://www.wikidsystems.com/downloads/simple_reg_form and feel free to
download the Enterprise Version.

Sincerely,

Nick

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Ron Salkin [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed the Android token from the market (onto an elderly G1) for
> testing out the community edition with an eye towards a corporate purchase;
> this works initially, but after rebooting the phone the domain config is
> lost. This has happened twice in a row- does the Android token have any
> known issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron S

404.962.8983

Re: Prob using Android token

Brandon
I'm using the Android application and my domain list is also being lost each time I power down the phone.  Any ideas / updates?

Thanks

Re: Prob using Android token

Oops. Sorry, meant to post the follow up and forgot.

The registration process opens up a bunch of windows, you have to back out of each window to fully close the application.  once you do that and close the app completely, the domain info should be saved.

We will have a fix and appreciate your patience on the matter.

nick

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Brandon W. [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Regardless, can you address his question on the Android application?  My domain list is lost after every reboot of the phone as well.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Prob-using-Android-token-tp5993492p6079610.html
To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email [hidden email]

Re: Prob using Android token

Brandon
Thanks!

I re-registered with my domain and backed out of the app, rebooted the phone and verified that my domain is still there.

Re: Prob using Android token

Cool. Sorry for the issue.

On Mar 2, 2011 8:09 PM, "Brandon [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks!

I re-registered with my domain and backed out of the app, rebooted the phone and verified that my domain is still there.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/Prob-using-Android-token-tp5993492p6083259.html

To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email ml-node+1491522-1263534111-775...

Re: Prob using Android token

Postmortem
Domain list sticks for a while and then disappears. Using the Enterprise version--not the community version.

Please fix. Unusable otherwise.

Re: Prob using Android token

try backing out of all the screens after adding the domain.  If it is
this, it is more of a UI issue and we're working on it. If not, then I
would like to know.

tia,

nick

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Postmortem [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Domain list sticks for a while and then disappears. Using the Enterprise
> version--not the community version.
>
> Please fix. Unusable otherwise.

404.962.8983

Re: Prob using Android token

Brandon
Seconding Nick's suggestion.
Fully backing out of the app saved my domain list, haven't had a problem since (3 weeks+ of usage)

Re: Prob using Android token

Postmortem
Continues to be a problem no matter how i back out of screen:
I set up a token back out of screen by using <back> button on device.

(how else does one "Back out of screens" dear forum operator?--a vague non technical term is being generous. There is no "Close and Save" button that I can find--more bad design.)

Reopen token client--domain is gone. Add domain and passcode again. Domain shows
Close token client (again using back button).
Open token client and now I have two domains
Close token client using the back button
Reopen token client.
Now all domains are now gone.

Sure I'm a newb on the WikId TC, but come on--how do you expect Johhny Data Entry to use this when Johnny Hacky-idiot-programmer cant get it to work? Should be idiot proof--is not as evidenced by said idiot not getting things to work...

Bottom line:
Android Token client not ready for prime time. Remedial instructions are vague and don't seem to work either. Object updates rely on the device to do the work as there seems to be no explicit save a close option.

Will recommend not to use this token client. Moving on to Windows Client to see if that works. If that does not work as well--moving on with life. Sorry.

Re: Prob using Android token

What kind of device is this and what OS version are you using?

On 03/24/2011 08:33 AM, Postmortem [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] wrote:

> Continues to be a problem no matter how i back out of screen:
> I set up a token back out of screen by using <back> button on device.
>
> (how else does one "Back out of screens" dear forum operator?--a vague
> non technical term is being generous. There is no "Close and Save"
> button that I can find--more bad design.)
>
> Reopen token client--domain is gone. Add domain and passcode again.
> Domain shows
> Close token client (again using back button).
> Open token client and now I have two domains
> Close token client using the back button
> Reopen token client.
> Now all domains are now gone.
>
> Sure I'm a newb on the WikId TC, but come on--how do you expect Johhny
> Data Entry to use this when Johnny Hacky-idiot-programmer cant get it to
> work? Should be idiot proof--is not as evidenced by said idiot not
> getting things to work...
>
> Bottom line:
> Android Token client not ready for prime time. Remedial instructions are
> vague and don't seem to work either. Object updates rely on the device
> to do the work as there seems to be no explicit save a close option.
>
> Will recommend not to use this token client. Moving on to Windows Client
> to see if that works. If that does not work as well--moving on with
> life. Sorry.

> <

Commercial/Open-source Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems
#wikid on irc.freenode.net

Re: Prob using Android token

Postmortem
Device is Droid X
System version: Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Andriod version 2.2.1
BaseBrand version BP_C_01.09.07P

No system updates are available all is current. Just got the phone on Monday.

Re: Prob using Android token

I understand your assessment.  Typically, we would react faster to
issues like this, unfortunately, we are knee-deep into our next server
edition. The Android token will be the first mobile software token to
be re-written for that edition.  At the same time, we are going to
re-write this one.  It just makes sense for us to do it that way.

I'll point out that another forum poster has issues with the j2se
locked token which we fixed in the same day.

Sorry for the vague language, it's been quite busy around here
recently for reasons you might suspect.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Postmortem [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> Device is Droid X
> System version: Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
> Andriod version 2.2.1
> BaseBrand version BP_C_01.09.07P
>
> No system updates are available all is current. Just got the phone on
> Monday.

404.962.8983

Re: Prob using Android token

Postmortem
Windows Locked client works fine, so seems to be an UI issue indeed. Underlying functions seem stable after multiple boots with multiple domains and such. Good luck will check back for Android updates.