'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'

'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'

Andrew
I'm doing some dev. testing on the product here and I can't seem to get past the last section to test functionality:

http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/manual/how-to-install-the-wikid-strong-authentication-server/installing-the-wikid-strong-authentication-server-enterprise-edition-page-5

I've verified the pass-phrases on the certs yet I still can't get to the test page with the results being:
'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'
I used this doc to test the certs:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/troubleshooting-faq/how-do-i-know-if-my-certificate-is-valid

I've also cleared the certs one time prior and regenerated them just in case as mentioned here:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/troubleshooting-faq/how-can-i-test-if-the-server-is-working-correctly

Here is the modified entry: /opt/WiKID/tomcat/webapps/WiKIDAdmin/example.jsp
<%
    String defaultservercode = "20xxxx091140";
    String status = "";
    String chall;
    wClient wc;
    if (session.getServletContext().getAttribute("wClient") == null) {
        wc = new wClient("127.0.0.1", 8388, Config.getValue("BASEPATH") + "private/localhost.p12", "123456",
                Config.getValue("BASEPATH") + "private/CACertStore", "changeit");
        // NOTE:  The passphrase above "changeit" is the default passphrase for the CA trust store as delivered
        // by Sun with Java.  If you change this value you will also need to change the passphrase used to
        // encrypt the CACertStore file.  You must change both if you change either.
        session.getServletContext().setAttribute("wClient", wc);
    } else {
        wc = (wClient) session.getServletContext().getAttribute("wClient");
    }
    if (wc.isConnected()) {

%>

I'm installing off the newest revision of the Wikid ISO.

I'm at a loss here are to what is causing the issue, any assistance would be helpful. Some googling noted there was an issue with the port 8388 listener, buy that was back in 2010, and the wAuth does appear to be listening:
[root@wikid private]# netstat -tulnp | grep 8388
tcp        0      0 :::8388                     :::*                        LISTEN      10709/java

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: 'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'

Andrew
Yes,

I've stopped, started, rebooted, tore down the VM entirely and started over completely from scratch.
You'll probably see that in your CA database because I keep regenerating the certs hoping I borked something with the passwords, but that wasn't it.

I went as far as using the same password for everything entirely to eliminate anything password related...you can see the password is only '123456'. Which obviously i could care less about because this is dev.

Is it possible I'm editing the wrong section of the example.jsp ? The documentation is off by a couple lines, the 'defaultservercode' starts at line #46, instead of the documentation line #42. Seeing as how the section directly above it is a big "comment" i figured this was close enough.

I will note that I can download the token generator and connect and attain the password just fine. It's the testing part that I can't get to, to even test the functionality in the first place.

The eventual end goal is to integrate this product with pfsense, we just have to get past this part first.

http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode,net

Re: 'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'

Andrew
In my frustration I cleared my browser cache and reboot the vm itself, not just the wikictl server "application"... now it works.

Must have been browser caching? I have no idea yet, but thanks anyway!

Re: 'The wClient connection to the server was NOT successfully established'

Lol.  Ok - I'll try to remember that one for next time. I wouldn't think a simple jsp page would be cached that much!