WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

packthis
I recently installed WiKID on CentOS6.x from RPM.  After configuring everything, I was able to successfully configure and manually verify a user and also set up a domain. For internal testing I set up the Windows Java client on another system and was able to also get an OTP.  The domain I configured was set up for AD.  I set up a domain admin for the wikid user and configured the domain to connect to the DN.  However, when I attempt to login with the OTP and a certain user, the WiKID server throws the warning: "unable to look up user DN for "USERX"".  I have verified using ldp.exe that the DN exists, etc.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Re: WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

Is there an error in your windows logs?

On Sep 7, 2016 1:58 PM, "packthis [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I recently installed WiKID on CentOS6.x from RPM.  After configuring everything, I was able to successfully configure and manually verify a user and also set up a domain. For internal testing I set up the Windows Java client on another system and was able to also get an OTP.  The domain I configured was set up for AD.  I set up a domain admin for the wikid user and configured the domain to connect to the DN.  However, when I attempt to login with the OTP and a certain user, the WiKID server throws the warning: "unable to look up user DN for "USERX"".  I have verified using ldp.exe that the DN exists, etc.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]

Re: WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

packthis
No errors.

Re: WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

Then it seems most likely that your LDAP settings are incorrect and
the WiKID server is unable to find the user.   There should be a
message in the event viewer.

Try doing a search via ldp and check that DN etc:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996205(v=exchg.65).aspx#DoingASearchUsingLDP.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM, packthis [via WiKID Strong
wrote:

> No errors.

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

wrote:

> No errors.

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

I'm back on IRC if you want to chat about it.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Nick Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Then it seems most likely that your LDAP settings are incorrect and
> the WiKID server is unable to find the user.   There should be a
> message in the event viewer.
>
> Try doing a search via ldp and check that DN etc:
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996205(v=exchg.65).aspx#DoingASearchUsingLDP.
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM, packthis [via WiKID Strong
> Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> No errors.

>> NAML
>

> --
> Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
> http://www.wikidsystems.com
> On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
> http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
> Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

--
Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: WiKID Warning: unable to look up user DN for "USERX"

packthis
Got it figured out.

I knew the DN LDAP settings were working, but it clicked that the exact user name in the user menu was what had an LDAP "lookup" performed.  That was what was failing.  OTP authentication appears to be working correctly now and I was able to RDP into a server with the Wikid User and OTP.

Thanks!