WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve Cooper
Today I upgraded using my RPM installation from 4.2.0.b2028 to 4.2.0.b2032.
It all seems to have worked OK in that I can generate OTPs just fine, however, every time I logon to the server I get a stream of error messages; there appears to be a script running that is trying to change the ownership of everything under /opt/WiKID.
An example of one of error messages is: chown: changing ownership of ‘/opt/WiKID’: Operation not permitted

I've rebooted the system, but this has not addressed the problem.
The same errors also appear for other users accounts when they are used to logon to this server.
Is there some way I can stop this from happening?

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve:

Sorry for the issue - can you check that /opt/WiKID/ and its
subdirectories are all owned by wikid:root?

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:59 AM Steve Cooper [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Today I upgraded using my RPM installation from 4.2.0.b2028 to 4.2.0.b2032.
> It all seems to have worked OK in that I can generate OTPs just fine, however, every time I logon to the server I get a stream of error messages; there appears to be a script running that is trying to change the ownership of everything under /opt/WiKID.
> An example of one of error messages is: chown: changing ownership of ‘/opt/WiKID’: Operation not permitted
>
> I've rebooted the system, but this has not addressed the problem.
> The same errors also appear for other users accounts when they are used to logon to this server.
> Is there some way I can stop this from happening?

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve Cooper
Hi Nick, thanks for the prompt response.
No, not all of the files are owned by wikid:root. Some are, but many are owned by wikid:wikid, e.g. everything under /tomcat/webapps/WiKIDAdmin/WEB-INF/lib

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve Cooper
Should I change this?

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Sorry for the late reply.  Been digging.

Does this happen when you log in as the WiKID user?  (wikid).

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 9:24 PM Steve Cooper [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should I change this?

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve Cooper
I logged on as wikid and it didn't happen. I logged in again as another user and it still happens.

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Ok, thanks. Let me keep digging.

On Thu, May 9, 2019, 8:28 PM Steve Cooper [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I logged on as wikid and it didn't happen. I logged in again as another user and it still happens.

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Steve Cooper
Hi Nick

Any thoughts? I'm holding off on upgrading my production WiKID server.

Re: WiKID folders changing ownership after upgrade

Hold off a bit.  We have an update coming with a fix and many other
improvements.

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:01 AM Steve Cooper [via WiKID Strong