WiKIDAdmin port

Jim

WiKIDAdmin port

Jim
Is there any way I can change the WiKIDAdmin port from 443 to something else?  If so, how?

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

What's the reason for changing?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Jim [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any way I can change the WiKIDAdmin port from 443 to something
> else?  If so, how?

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Jim

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

Jim
I want to use 443 for my endusers to download their custom VPN client, and it is easier for them to go to https://myvpnserver.com than <a href="https://myvpnserver.com:someport">https://myvpnserver.com:someport.  The IT staff can deal with non-standard port to access the WiKIDAdmin site, than an enduser.

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

You can change the port in the /opt/WiKID/tomcat/server.xml.  We don't
recommend it though.  It could be over-written with each update.  We
also don't recommend running your VPN on the same box.  It would be
more secure to separate them.  You don't want the WiKIDAdmin exposed
on the Internet.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Jim [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to use 443 for my endusers to download their custom VPN client, and
> it is easier for them to go to https://myvpnserver.com than <a
> href="<a href="https://myvpnserver.com:someport">https://myvpnserver.com:someport"><a href="https://myvpnserver.com:someport">https://myvpnserver.com:someport.
> The IT staff can deal with non-standard port to access the WiKIDAdmin site,
> than an enduser.

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Jim

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

Jim
Ok.

If I change nothing:  Am I missing something though?  If I need to have port 80 open on the Internet for users to get their OTP, does that not imply that WiKIDAdmin in on the Internet as well?  Or are you saying just have 443 blocked on the WiKID server on the Internet but only allowed with the DMZ?

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

Typically, WiKID is in the dmz with only 80 open to the internet, 443,
1812 etc only open on the inside.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Jim [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok.
>
> If I change nothing:  Am I missing something though?  If I need to have port
> 80 open on the Internet for users to get their OTP, does that not imply that
> WiKIDAdmin in on the Internet as well?  Or are you saying just have 443
> blocked on the WiKID server on the Internet but only allowed with the DMZ?

Nick Owen  --  WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
On-premises Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems | #wikid on freenode.net
Get our low-volume newsletter - Notices, updates : http://eepurl.com/zzUeP
Jim

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

Jim
Ok.  That is what I thought.  I have that, but I think I will separate them.   I wasn't sure about the security of that design any way.  I was just trying to limit the sever sprawl.

Thank you for the input and help.

Jim

Re: WiKIDAdmin port

I understand the sprawl concern.