Wikid + SubVersion ???

andres3210
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use WiKID with SVN ?

We are actually using WiKID with webDAV protocols as we need Two Factor Authentication, but now we want to have more organized the files, versions as our team is growing. Avoiding possible mistakes in the future...

I saw how SVN works, and that fits perfect to manage the files, but I don't found any good reference to see if SVN server support Two Factor Authentication, or if there is needed a different version, or patch !!!

If there is any advice, I will really thanks.

Jonathan

Re: Wikid + SubVersion ???

This depends on how svn does auth. What methods does it support?

On Jul 28, 2011 10:00 AM, "andres3210 [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to use WiKID with SVN ?
>
> We are actually using WiKID with webDAV protocols as we need Two Factor
> Authentication, but now we want to have more organized the files, versions
> as our team is growing. Avoiding possible mistakes in the future...
>
> I saw how SVN works, and that fits perfect to manage the files, but I don't
> found any good reference to see if SVN server support Two Factor
> Authentication, or if there is needed a different version, or patch !!!
>
> If there is any advice, I will really thanks.
>
> Jonathan

Re: Wikid + SubVersion ???

andres3210
That is something new for me !!!

That's why I was asking for advices.

I read that SVN support SSH (the native SVN), and there are other SVN versions such as Visual SVN that I read that support  Keberos auth ( I think is similar to Wikid )

What does it need to support for the auth ??  Must of SVN require that you authenticate with user name and password (and allows to use SSH) but is not clear to me, how does the SVN will update the passwords of each user one we generate the token with Wikid Client !!!

Thanks
Jonathan

Re: Wikid + SubVersion ???

If by ssh support, they mean PAM, then you can use pam radius. If apache is in front of it yoi can probably use mod-autth-radius.

I think radius is yout best bet as arotocol.