eth0 does not exist

PCSJerry
Trying to do a fresh install from ISO and getting error like:

error parsing the kickstart configuration file line 24
the provided network interface eth0 does not exist

This is on a freshly formatted hard drive and the server has two onboard eth controllers.  It was running Wikid before, but probably an older version.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: eth0 does not exist

What does the command 'ifconfig' return?

On Aug 3, 2016 12:48 PM, "PCSJerry [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Trying to do a fresh install from ISO and getting error like:

error parsing the kickstart configuration file line 24
the provided network interface eth0 does not exist

This is on a freshly formatted hard drive and the server has two onboard eth controllers.  It was running Wikid before, but probably an older version.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/eth0-does-not-exist-tp7575263.html

Re: eth0 does not exist

PCSJerry
Forgive me, I'm not actually the one in front of the machine, but I don't think there's any way to do an ifconfig command since the disks are formatted and there is not an existing OS on it.

Re: eth0 does not exist

That makes sense. Sorry, a bit slow today I guess.

I'm not sure why we would have Ethernet card issues in 2016.

Could you install centos 6 from a DVD and then install WiKID via rpm?    https://www.wikidsystems.com/support/installation-how-tos/how-to-install-the-wikid-enterprise-rpms/.

On Aug 3, 2016 12:56 PM, "PCSJerry [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Forgive me, I'm not actually the one in front of the machine, but I don't think there's any way to do an ifconfig command since the disks are formatted and there is not an existing OS on it.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/eth0-does-not-exist-tp7575263p7575265.html

Re: eth0 does not exist

PCSJerry
We could try that but the whole idea of the ISO install was supposed to be install and go.  I'm just as surprised at something like an ethernet card issue.  If this server was running Wikid before it must have a working NIC.  Is it possible to customize the install to a different NIC or better yet rename the existing hardware to eth0?  This can't be the first time this has ever happened?

Re: eth0 does not exist

It certainly hasn't happened in long, long time. But most of our installs are onto some type of virtual platform.

Can you see what the device is called in bios?

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/eth0-does-not-exist-tp7575263p7575267.html