help with Windows Radius connections

John D
I have the WiKID server installed on a hyper terminal session on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server.  I have forwarded port 80 to the WiKID server address, loaded the token of several systems, and can successfully get an authentication code.  My problem is that I cannot find the right set of parameters to get a windows 7 or windows 10 endpoint to connect to the windows server.  I have used the setup instructions in the Techworld "Configuring NPS 2012 for two-factor authentication" and validated them against your Microsoft ISA server configuration document.  I have a test computer which will connect via L2TP with userid and password if I enable the connection policy for it.  When I disable that policy and enable the WIKID policy, it doesn't connect and puts an error 20271 - "The authentication method used by the server to verify your username and password does not match the authentication method configured in your connection profile"  I have tried many combinations of settings to no avail.  tcpdump on the Wikid server shows no attempt to send a message to it and the Wikid admin console logs only show the code request/issue.

any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  This is a test environment that matches the customer environment where the product will be installed for PCI compliance

Thank You

John

Re: help with Windows Radius connections

Yeah, I feel like NPS is excessively complex.

We can only do so much to support Microsoft's products, unfortunately.  Sounds like you're doing all the right tests, tcpdump etc.

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/help-with-Windows-Radius-connections-tp7575497.html