iPhone App

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

iPhone App

Hans
Installed the WikID App on my iPhone3, entered a passphrase and subsequently tried to add my first domain. However, after pressing on "Save", the app crashes. No domain has been saved.
Suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
what domain are you trying to add?  Try with 88888888888.

Are you on the wireless or wifi connection?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Installed the WikID App on my iPhone3, entered a passphrase and subsequently
> tried to add my first domain. However, after pressing on "Save", the app
> crashes. No domain has been saved.
> Suggestions?
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6219629.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
Hi Nick,

I followed up your suggestion and successfully added domain 88888888888. The domain I am trying to add is: 213126128076 (which still cannot be added, even after succesfully adding 88888888888).
I am using this app on my iPhone 3 with a wifi connection.

Thanks for your help!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
hmm - it is working for me on my PC and on my android.  Does it work
on your PC?

What happens when you try to browse to the server on the iPhone?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I followed up your suggestion and successfully added domain 88888888888. The
> domain I am trying to add is: 213126128076 (which still cannot be added,
> even after succesfully adding 88888888888).
> I am using this app on my iPhone 3 with a wifi connection.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6222585.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
I downloaded and installed "wikidtoken-3.1.11-bundle-installer.exe" on my pc and that works fine.
Still, I would have liked to have it running on my iPhone too...
Why would it work with domain 888888888888 and not with mine?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
What happens when you try to browse to the server on the iPhone?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed "wikidtoken-3.1.11-bundle-installer.exe" on my pc
> and that works fine.
> Still, I would have liked to have it running on my iPhone too...
> Why would it work with domain 888888888888 and not with mine?
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6224598.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
Oops... I would like to give it a try but I'll need a hand. I go to Safari and then?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator

Yes, open safari and try to go to http://ipaddress.

On Mar 31, 2011 6:28 AM, "Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oops... I would like to give it a try but I'll need a hand. I go to Safari and then?



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6226583.html


To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email ml-node+1491522-1263534111-775...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
After entering the domain in the browser (Safari), a /WiKiDAdmin/ is added to the domain and a page is shown which starts with: "This page cannot be displayed". Obviously due to code 403 Forbidden.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
hmm. so you can get to the server.  Can you add 174129006100?  That is
another non-DNS domain id.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication
Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After entering the domain in the browser (Safari), a /WiKiDAdmin/ is added
> to the domain and a page is shown which starts with: "This page cannot be
> displayed". Obviously due to code 403 Forbidden.
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6226998.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
No, when trying to add domain 174129006100, it also leaves the WiKID client app and returns to the 'normal' iPhone screen after I have pressed on Save. Thus the same result as when I try to add my domain.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
hmm. so, DNS domains work, but IP addresses do not.  Are you on wifi
or cell?  What carrier is this?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> No, when trying to add domain 174129006100, it also leaves the WiKID client
> app and returns to the 'normal' iPhone screen after I have pressed on Save.
> Thus the same result as when I try to add my domain.
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6227405.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
Hi Nick,
It seems that the problem is solved (partly). Upon your question, "wifi or cell", I disabled wifi on my iPhone (I had only been using wifi up to now) and restarted the process of adding my domain. The app took me through the whole process. I am now moving on to the next step and see if I can get connected to the VPN. And of course I will try and obtain a code both with wifi and cell. I'll keep you posted. Thank you very much for now.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
ok, my guess is that it your DNS provider.  try going to
http://213126128076.wikidsystems.net.  It should fail, but it could be
that your ISP or DNS provider has put up an ad page instead.



On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong
Authentication Forums] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
> It seems that the problem is solved (partly). Upon your question, "wifi or
> cell", I disabled wifi on my iPhone (I had only been using wifi up to now)
> and restarted the process of adding my domain. The app took me through the
> whole process. I am now moving on to the next step and see if I can get
> connected to the VPN. And of course I will try and obtain a code both with
> wifi and cell. I'll keep you posted. Thank you very much for now.
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6227606.html
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here.



--
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
This post was updated on .
Everything works fine as long as I do not connect my iPhone to the wifi network. If I do use my wifi I get the following error message after entering my PIN: "unable to fetch passcode:".
So I connected to my neighbour's wifi and then it is possible to obtain a passcode!
We both have the same internet provider and as far as I can see, the only real difference between his internet setup and mine is the router. Could the router (configuration) be the cause? I use a D-Link 655.

Going to http://213126128076.wikidsystems.net fails.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
try browsing to http;//213126128076.wikidsystems.net on your PC or
phone. If you get a web page instead of an error, there is an issue with
your DNS.

On 03/31/2011 03:25 PM, Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums] wrote:

> Everything works fine as long as I do not connect my iPhone to the wifi
> network. If I do use my wifi I get the following error message after
> entering my PIN: "unable to fetch passcode:".
> So I connected to my neighbour's wifi and then it <strong>is
> possible</strong> to obtain a passcode!
> We both have the same internet provider and as far as I can see, the
> only real difference between his internet setup and mine is the router.
> Could the router (configuration) be the cause? I use a D-Link 655.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6228454.html
>
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here
> <
>

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open-source Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems
#wikid on irc.freenode.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
In reply to this post by Nick Owen
But it is strange that it is not a 'regular' error page, but a Yahoo Search page saying: "We did not find any results for: 213126128076 Wikid System. Please try a new query above."
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Nick Owen
Administrator
exactly- that's the ad page.  It must be a DNS setting in your router.

On 04/01/2011 02:12 AM, Hans [via WiKID Strong Authentication Forums] wrote:

> But it is strange that it is not a 'regular' error page, but a Yahoo
> Search page saying: We did not find any results for: 213126128076 Wikid
> System. Please try a new query above.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://wikid-strong-authentication-forums.1491522.n2.nabble.com/iPhone-App-tp6219629p6229810.html
>
> To start a new topic under WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from WiKID Strong Authentication Forums, click here
> <
>

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open-source Two-Factor Authentication
http://twitter.com/wikidsystems
#wikid on irc.freenode.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: iPhone App

Hans
I have been browsing the router settings. No idea where or what to do about the DNS settings. Clues?
12